As most of you already know that Dashboards SP05 comes with “Export to Mobile” option (HTML5), what is not widely known is the fact that not all existing components will be available to make use of this feature. The product team has worked on some of the most commonly used components and made them available for the initial version. I’m sure the rest of the components will join this list in the future releases. This is a great start towards a common interface/platform strategy.
Here is the list of components that are available starting Dashboards 4.0 SP05 to create mobile based dashboards (HTML5) that can be rendered on iOS platform.
- Currently only supports Query Panel based connectivity to BW, HANA and 3rd Party relational data . Web Services support planned for 2013
- Only works when published to the BI platform and viewed on SAP Business Objects Mobile for iPad Version 4.4
- Supports only the “Nova” theme
- No support for Maps and Add-Ons
- Export to mobile for iOS mobile BI client. Note that this is not export to HTML5 so the dashboard can only be consumed via the mobile BI client. (HTML5 output is available if using Design Studio)
- Android & WinMobile clients support planned for 2013
An easy way to find out what is compatible is to switch to “Mobile Only” view in the Components panel. An additional “Mobile Compatibility” panel is available for debugging.
Mobile Supported Dashboard Components
Stacked Bar Chart
Stacked Column Chart
Via Query Panel
Relational sources (Universe)
BW (BEx queries)
Label Based Menu
Input Text Area